Monday, July 12, 2010

What has been your favorite summer movies?

What has been your favorite summer movies? Usually with summer movies, sometimes they can be hit or miss. But I have to say that I have really enjoyed all of the movies so far this summer.

I was really worried about some of the 80s remakes like Karate Kid and The A-Team.
I just recently saw the new Karate Kid movie with my son. I was worried that it wouldn't not live up to Mr. Miyagi and Danielson that I grew up with. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. My son love it!

I really like how the elements of the story are pretty much the same, it is a nice update that respects the original.


The A-Team was a movie that my husband was worried about. He loved the show as a kid. I remember watching it with my dad. He was totally hooked on it.

I think the casting of the characters was great. Bradley Cooper was perfect for Face Man! Sharlto Copely did a great job as Murdock. That was the one character I was worried about the most. Murdock was just nuts on the show, and I felt it would be hard for any actor to match Dwight Shultz performance.

I liked the way it was modernized to make the characters Iraqi war veterans, rather Vietnam veterans.


Toy Story 3 has been the sentimental favorite. Toy Story was the first movie that my son really got into. We have more Buzz Lightyears then Toys R Us. Then my little girl comes along and she develops a love for all things Jesse.

After reading bits and pieces about the story before seeing it, I know two things. 1.) The subtitle should have been: Jesse was right! and secondly, I know going into this one, that I would cry! Sure enough, 5 minutes into it, I was sobbing like a baby!

The montage of family videos, Andy playing with the toys and Molly's second birthday just sent me into tears. I couldn't help but think of my own children and how much they have grown. My daughter's second birthday party was celebrated in Toy Story style. A lot of emotions just hit me.

There are still a few movies on our list that we are hoping to see soon. Despicable Me being at the top of the list. That movie just looks too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment