Friday, November 4, 2016

Victoria the white cat from CATS




My youngest daughter, who I call Peazie, has started to really enjoy musicals.  A few weeks ago, I introduced her to the musical CATS.  Together we watched the dvd of the play and I also read her some of the T.S. Eliot poems it was based on.

Being the little dancer and gymnast that she is, she immediately became interested in the white cat.  For those not familiar with the musical; the white cat is named Victoria.

I had taken her to the Halloween store to look at costumes.  She just didn't see anything she wanted to be.   After looking at some pictures of CATS cosplayers, she decided that was her costume.

We used a white long sleeve leotard and white leggings.  I had looked into ordering her a white unitard but this was more practical.   For her tail,  I used white marabou.  The rest of her fur came from a white scarf that i found at a local dollar store.  I cut pieces for her legs, arms, and neck.   We recycled a wig that my son had used for a school play.   Costwise, I spent around $25.  The most expensive part was the leotard.  

I think we captured the over all like of the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment