Friday, July 9, 2010

To be personal or not to be

I follow a lot of other bloggers, both blogs and facebook pages. Today, one of the bloggers I follow, commented on her facebook page some personal feelings. She does share a lot about her family, along with coupons and shopping deals. This caused a big storm on her page. I felt sorry for her, because her comment was not rude, it was not offensive. Just one of her readers took it the wrong way.

This made me think. I have been debating on how much I should share about my family and our life on my blog. I don't want to just be a coupon blogger. There is more to my life then just coupons. I want a little bit of everything in my blog.

I don't post a lot of pictures of my children. If I do, their face is covered in some way or it is from behind. I am not 100% comfortable putting their pictures out in the world.

I would love some advice for others? What do you share about your family and life? How do you feel about posting pictures of your family?

3 comments:

  1. When I first started blogging, I was going to keep my personal life out of my blog as much as possible. After about a month, I realized that that just wouldn't be possible. When I started out though, I set some rules for myself, such as only posting pictures of myself wearing sunglasses or some other covering, and using an alias instead of my real name (Flufferwuffer). Though anyone could probably find my real name with some digging, I don't throw it out there for everyone to see. I do share things like I'm going on vacation, I got a new cat, etc. but I don't go into detail about "This is what my day was like!"

    So there's my two cents. :)
    Cheap Geeks Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is your blog and you should share as much or as little as you feel comfortable doing. This is your world, truly if people don't like it they don't have to follow. I think this is your opportunity to shout out all the things that may go through your head and you can't call friends fast enough to get it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amy. You blog what makes you feel good. Inner feelings, thoughts, ideas, coupons, family and whatever else. I share lots but have a few personal things I keep to myself.
    I'm your newest follower, take care and God Bless. Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete