Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Waste Free Lunches



We would like to think that summer vacation has just started, but in truth the start of the school year is fast approaching. This year, my son will be starting kindergarten. I already know that will be in tears that first day of school :(

I am starting to give a lot of thought to school supplies, homework, and packing lunches. I will be packing daily lunches since I am not wild about the food served in school cafeterias. I want to pack him a healthy lunch and make it as environmentally friendly as possible.

The average school lunch generates 67 pounds of waste during one school
year (EPA.gov).


Join Green My Lunchbox and take the pledge to help eliminate 1 million pounds of waste by being one of 15,000 families to pledge to pack waste free lunch
http://greenmylunchbox.com/


My family is taking the pledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment