Thursday, August 5, 2010

trip to the dentist

Do you ever have those days when you feel like you still aren't old enough or mature enough to do things?
Today, I took my son to the dentist for the first time. While I was filling out the paperwork, I just felt like a kid. I felt it was like a child leading a child. Maybe it is just me and my insecurities, plus the fact that my son was a little afraid.

It was his first trip to the dentist. Thankfully, our dentist is a close family friend. That did help my son feel a little more comfortable. The cleaning and exam went well. But, we will have to go back in a few weeks. My son has to get 2 teeth pulled because he has 2 permanent teeth coming in behind his baby teeth. The teeth aren't under the baby teeth so they wont get pushed out.

He is a little worried about having teeth pulled, but I told him it would be great! Because then the Tooth Fairy would be leaving cash and prizes under his pillow.

4 comments:

  1. I just found you from the Social Parade and I am a new follower. I invite you to check out my blog at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. As parents, it's our responsibility to assure our kids that there is nothing to fear about on dentists (Aiken) because without them, our teeth will be so yucky and unhealthy too. And I'm glad that your child's brave enough to still feel comfortable even if his teeth are going to be pulled. Next week, I will take my daughter to some of her dentists (Aiken, SC-based) for tooth extraction also and she's so excited about that.

    ReplyDelete

  3. The Globus Dental Care Centre can prevent your beautiful and healthy
    smile with modern facilities with excellent dental treatment for your whole family.
    dentist-in-lynn-MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have an experienced team of dentists in Brookline, MA.
    Since there are many dental problems that you can have if you are not having the right kind of dental services, you should think of having your teeth cleaned and repaired as early as possible.
    It would be best if you visited us at once to treat and improve your teeth immediately.
    dentist brookline

    ReplyDelete