Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dinosaur Train: Dinosaurs Under The Sea DVD Review




I recently had the opportunity to review Dinosaur Train: Dinosaurs Under The Sea with my children. This is one of our favorite PBS Kids shows, so it was not very hard to get them interested.

They are fascinated by dinosaurs! I have to admit that I enjoy watching Dinosaur Train with them! While they are learning about different species of dinosaurs, I am learning as well. Some of the dinosaurs featured in Dinosaur Train: Dinosaurs Under The Sea, I had never heard of.

I appreciate The Jim Henson Company and PBS Kids for offering quality programs like Dinosaur Train. The show encourages scientific thinking, as well as introducing natural science, natural history, and paleontology.

DVD Synopsis:
Buddy, a pre-school aged Tyrannosaurus Rex, and his adoptive family of Pterandons go for adventures on the Dinosaur Train to meet all kinds of dinosaurs in different eras and learn fascinating new facts about these incredible creatures. The Dinosaur Train: Dinosaurs Under the Sea DVD includes eight exciting and whimsical adventures:

Elmer Elasmosaurus
Carla Cretoxyrhina
The Amazing Michelinoceras Brothers
Paulie Pliosaurus
Elmer Visits the Desert
Shiny’s Sea Shells
Jess Hesperornis
The Old Spinosaurus and the Sea



The DVD also features interactive games, coloring pages, a dinosaur reference guide and information for parents. The DVD is presented in widescreen with Dolby Digital English Stero. The run time is 120 minutes. The DVD is available for the suggested reail prince of $14.99 U.s/ $15.99 Canada.


Release Date : August 24, 2010 from Paramount Home Entertainment.


disclosure: I was provided with a copy of the DVD for the purpose of this review. I did not receive any monetary compensation. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like an adorable DVD! Thanks for the review :)
    I am coming from Ten Talents and now follow you. Come by my blog is you have time!

    http://tammylynes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I am sure my lady would love to watch this when she gets older. I love that it's not only fun for them, but also educational!

    Stephanie
    Ten Talents

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun DVD!!! I think my girls would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really fun dvd .. my nephew would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this show as does my preschooler! So glad to see it's available on dvd. He'll be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Relax and Surf Sunday I'm already a follower. Have to tell you I love your blog name who doesn't always end up with the squeaky cart!

    Colleen
    www.shibleysmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids adore the dinosaur train and I love watching it with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like something my kidswould love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I’m your newest follower from To the Top Tuesdays. Stop by and visit me at healthy living and a balanced you-www.aliciahunter.net

    ReplyDelete