Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School

Today was my son's first day of Kindergarten. This has been a day that I have been worried over for the last 2 months. I know he will be fine as far as getting along with others and making friends. My only concern is that he will be bored academically. His teacher this morning told us that being able to say his first, middle, last name is the first thing on his report card. I am pretty sure my jaw dropped because he has been able to do that since he was 2. Is that all that public school expects?

He previously attended a Montessori pre-school program. He learned so much there! Not just academics, but confidence and social skills. He has already starting reading. I am just not sure if public school is the best option for us. With me not working right now, and my husband not being a fan of homeschooling, it is our only option.

We will see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment