Monday, August 16, 2010

The Penguins of Madagascar DVD Review




First of all, I have to say that the Penguins were my favorite part of the Madagascar movies. I was thrilled when they got their own TV show on Nickelodeon , which I love to watch right along with my kids.

There are 2 new Penguin DVDs. The Penguins of Madagascar: Happy Julien Day and The Penguins of Madagascar: New To The Zoo. Both DVDs just released on August 10th.


DVD Synopsis:
Starring the madcap pack of Penguins and everyone’s favorite lemur King Julien from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc’s (Nasdaq: DWA) phenomenally successful MADAGASCAR franchise, each DVD includes eight outrageous episodes from Nickelodeon’s Emmy and Annie Award-winning* series. Happy Julien Day features eight Julien-filled missions in tribute to the wacky king of the jungle and New To The Zoo showcases eight episodes that each introduces a new character to the zoo.


Specifications:
Widescreen with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, English 2.0 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and with English, French and Spanish subtitles. The titles run 88 minutes each with a suggested retail price of under $14.00 U.S. each.

My son loves to assign each of us a Penguins persona. My husband is Skipper, I am Kowolski, my son is Ricco, and my daughter is Private. We took Happy King Julien's Day with us on a recent road trip. There were lots of giggles from the back seat. I have to say a lot from the front seat as well. Although there are times when King Julien can get some what annoying (at least to adults). My kids were entertained and it made a long drive more pleasurable.


disclosure: I received a copy of the dvd for the purpose of this review. I did not receive any monetary compensation. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that the penguins of madagascar have their own tv show now. my daughter would love this. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete