Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back To School Cool Recipe- Stuffed Cheese Rolls



HappyDay


Sometimes, we get stuck in that Peanut Butter and Jelly rut! Well this recipe is sure to wake up your taste buds!

My mom used to make these stuffed cheese rolls for us when we were kids. It is one of my absolute favorites. It is like pizza in a little bun Now as a mom, I make them for my kids. They are quick and easy to prepare and freeze beautifully.


Ingredients:

1 bag of French dinner rolls

2 cups shredded cheese

1 small onion, finely chopped (it makes it hard for my selective eater to spot them)

1 can of chopped olives

1 small green pepper, finely chopped

1 can of tomato sauce

garlic and Italian seasoning to taste


Cut the ends off of the dinner rolls and hollow out the insides.

But the bread in a bowl.

Add tomato sauce, onions, olives, green peppers, spices, and cheese to the bread.
Mix well.









Stuff the mixture into the rolls.

Using the end that was cut off, put on top of stuffing mixture. Then wrap in tin foil.

Bake at 350 for about 15- 20 minutes or until inside is warm and melted


They are great paired with a salad or some fruit. Let me know if you give them a try!

6 comments:

  1. I am a new blog follower of yours from Friendly Wednesday!! I look forward to reading your blog and I hope you get a chance to check out my blog!!

    Frugal Science Gal
    http://www.frugalsciencegal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to post your link on my weekly Blog hop to get more followers!!

    http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious! And so easy!

    Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I'm always looking for a new recipe for the family, cooking is NOT my forte! I am following you from FFF...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am hosting a Facebook Friday Hop on my Blog and I would love for you to enter. It is a great way to gain new followers on Facebook.

    Hope to see you there.

    Kari @ http://shining2save.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, these look great! I'm totally emailing this to myself to try in next week's menu plan! Great idea!

    Here from FFF, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete