Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter baskets

I love the all holidays! I have been having a lot of fun picking out items to put in my children's Easter baskets.

I don't go overboard on candy. A little bit, and that goes a long way. My kids are naturally caffeinated and need no outside help.

I have been giving a lot of thought to Easter grass. The plastic kind is not very environmentally friendly and paper shreds are just kind of boring. So here are some ideas, on what to stuff in the bottom of an Easter basket.

1. A new outfit or PJs can fill out the bottom of a basket.

2. If you have a mini crafter, fill the bottom of the basket with pom-poms, wiggle eyes, and feathers.

3. Tissue paper. It is inexpensive and can be recycled for gift bags.

4. Use small toys in bulk! My son loves Legos. He is getting a set for Easter. My plan is to pour them into the bottom of the basket and then arrange everything else on top. But, you could get $ Store Army men, dinosaurs, farm animals, race cars, doll clothing whatever your child is into

5. Colorful cloth napkins. These are nice because you can reuse them for family meals. Maybe you could customize them for each child or adult.

Happy Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment