Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What is Earth Fare?


I post Earth Fare's weekly coupons and Boot coupons regularly. But, I have had people ask me, what is Earth Fare? They had never heard of it before.

Earth Fare is based in Ashville, NC. They are a healthy supermarket, specialize in selling organic and all natural products. Their stores are located in NC, SC, GA, and TN. But they are expanding.

I love their food philosphy! NO hydrogenated or partial hydrogenated oils, HFCS, artificial colors, sweeteners, or preservatives. NO antibiotics, growth hormones, or animal by products. NO inhumane treatment of animals providing us with meat, dairy, or eggs. NO bleached or bromated flour. NO irradiated single source spice, produce, or meat

When you sign up for their email newsletter, each week they offer some really great coupons. One week it was a free bag of organic apples, another week it was a homemade pizza kit. It is a great suprise to open their email each week.

They also have a program called the Boot Challenge. Earth Fare post 2 sets of ingredients. After comparing, you decide which ingredients to give the boot. You can get a coupon to trade in your processed food items and get a free healthy alternative. Also look for their weekly deals and fare deals. Fare Deals last all month long and make it easy to stock up on your favorite items.

I think one of the great things about the coupons and the challenge is that Earth Fare makes buying organic a little easier. With their coupons, fare deals and weekly deals, I finally convinced my husband that we could make changes to our eating, purchase organic food items and still save money!!!

I love the Earth Fare atmosphere! It is cozy, warm, and inviting! It really makes shopping there a pleasure. You aren't bombarded by over used signage. There is soft music playing, you can smell a mix of spice,fresh produce, and coffee. It is fun just wander around. Their cheese department is awesome. My kids always giggle over smelling the stinky cheese. I think because it reminds them of the story, The Stinky Cheeseman. But, I always find something new or different that I would like to try.

Their staff is always very helpful and knowledgeable! I love the fact that when I give them my reusable shopping bags, I am not looked at like I have 3 heads or the cashier seems put out that she has to put my items in my bag, unlike some other places. In fact, starting April 22 Earth Fare will no longer have plastic bags in their stores.

I always love to check out their calendar of events. They offer activities like free healthy cooking classes, local farmers markets, and holiday events. If you have an Earth Fare in your area and have never been, I strongly encourage you to give it a try.

http://www.earthfare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment