Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Homemade Pie Tonight!


The kiddos and I decided that we would bake a pie tonight. We had some blackberries and raspberries that needed to be used, along with some delicious blueberries. We tossed the berries with a sprinkling of flour, sugar, and cinnamon.

I used a store bought rolled crust. I really love Publix's store brand crust. I use those for everything. I wish I was a better baker, and made my own crust. Oh well, we all can't be Food Network celeb chefs.


I love cooking with my children. I have found that they are more open to trying new foods.
Plus, it gives them a connection to the foods they eat. It really gives them a boost in self esteem, when they proudly say, I made that!

We let it cool, sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, and dug in!! I think it was the best we ever made! I am thinking about posting a cooking with kids article each week to chronicle our cooking experiments.

1 comment: