Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chocolate dipped Frozen Bananas




B-A-N-A-N-A-S  ...  I am in a singing mood today.    The other day, the kids and I were at the store just cruising the produce department.   I decided that I would pick up a scratch and dent bag of bananas.   Most of the time I avoid those, because they are beaten and bruised so badly or just completely over ripe.  But this one bag, was great!!

The kids were excited and I figured we would eat a few and make the usual banana bread.  But inspiration hit!!  We would make frozen banana pops.  I have not frozen bananas in years.    They are super simple and a great treat .   Plus, it is a great way to use up bananas. 

Here is what we did:

Peel the bananas and put them on a stick.

Heat chocolate chips in the microwave until melted. 

Dip the banana into the chocolate and cover the entire banana.








Place on wax paper or foil and freeze for about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment