Thursday, May 13, 2010

What's for dinner? Chicken & Spinach Burritos

HappyDay


I love Mexican food. It is so easy to make, filling, and is just tasty. I am a spicy food junkie. So tonight for dinner was chicken and spinach burritos. Here is my recipe.

2 chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 purple onion, diced
1 package organic baby spinach
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. oregano
a dash of garlic, salt, and pepper
1/4 cup organic salsa
1 can cream of chicken soup
jalapeno hot sauce
shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheese
organic flour tortillas

Cook and season chicken. Cook until done.
Add onions. Cook onions until done and add salsa.
when onions are done, add spinach. When the spinach is wilted stir in 1 tbsp of soup and add jalapeno hot sauce. Depending on how much spice you like add a little or a lot. let the soup mix get warm, then remove from heat.


Fill flour tortillas with chicken mixture, add cheese. Roll and place in baking dish.
Top the burritos with remaining soup thinned with milk, salsa, and cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.




Since I have been trying to eat more vegetarian meals, I am trying to come up with more vegetarian variations. With this recipe, it is easy to make with all vegetables. Onions, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, corn, black beans, and black olives.

You can serve this beans and rice, fresh guacamole, and fresh pico de gallo . Let me know if you give this a try, I hope you enjoy it!

I am linking up for Crazy Daisy's Tuesday Taste. http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/06/tuesday-tastes-peoples-choice-award-10.html

5 comments:

  1. Adding spinach to burritos is a great idea! I am always putting it in Italian food, I just never thought to transfer the idea over to Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flavors, spinach and chicken! Yummy!

    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Thanks for linking to Tuesday Tastes! You may have forgotten to link back, when you have a second, grab a button or just link back... I
    would hate for this super fun recipe to be disqualified from the People's Choice award!

    Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe! I love adding spinach to things but I don't do it often enough! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just announced you as a People's Choice winner! Congrats! Here's a link!

    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/06/peoples-choice-award-10.html

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete