Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dumpster Diving Find



If it weren't for my husband, I would probably spend my free time dumpster diving. He tends to frown down on that one curious past time of mine. People throw away such great stuff! I just see the potential, sometimes it just needs a little love.

Yesterday, my kids and I took our recycling to our local recycling center. While we were there, I saw a man getting ready to dispose of an old Foosball table. I finished what I was there to do, then I spotted something. No, I didn't come home with the table. It was just beyond repair, but I did get the rods from the table.

I was excited because they were Star Wars. In our family, anything Star Wars is golden. I called my husband all excited, because we actually had considered buying one of these tables in 2005. My thought was to use the figures in some way to make something for my son's bedroom. But I think my husband is interested building our own foosball table for the Man Cave.

3 comments:

  1. He shouldn't make fun of you = he dumpster dove & found a Keurig machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this but keep forgetting to try it. Do you only dumpster dive at recycling centers? The rich neighborhood isn't too far from me and they have great things at the end of their driveways for trash pickup.

    Would that be wrong? Trash is public property right? At least that's what the cops say on Law and Order. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened to be at the recycling center that and saw the game poles. I asked the "owner" if I could have them.

    I have gotten stuff that people sat out for the trash collection.

    I have also gotten stuff out of dumpsters. But that would fall into the rarely category. I think with dumpsters, you do have to be careful because of trespassing laws and obviously safety issues.

    I mainly stick to what people leave out for trash collection. If there is an interest, I will post some of my other finds and what I have done with them. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete