Welcome Thursday Followers! This week has been a little crazy and equally exciting. Yesterday, I received an email notifying me that I had won a recipe contest. So, needless to say, I am very excited about that.
I have been sharing ideas for Terrific Tailgating. College football starts this weekend, so we have been getting a head start on tailgating. Today, I am going to talk about grilling pizza.
If you have never tried grilling pizza it is really easy! The cooking time is really quick, somewhere around 20 minutes. If you need a quick meal, this is a great idea. I really like to use the Boboli pizza crust. They are premade and are great for feeding a crowd quickly. The website also has some really great pizza recipes.
Grilled pizza in 5 easy steps!
1. Preheat grill for 10-15 minutes on high heat.
2. If you have a gas grill, turn off one of the burners. If you use charcoal, push the charcoal to one side.
3. Brush a dash of olive oil on each side of the pizza crust. Place the crust on the side of the grill with the burner turned off or without charcoal.
4. Grill the crust 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Add toppings, including any pre-cooked meats and vegetables, return to the grill for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Grill until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
If you missed out on some of my other Terrific Tailgating post, you can check out: Spicy Peach Chicken Wings, Weird and Wonderful College Mascots, Chips and Dip, and Terrific Tailgating Planning