Friday, June 4, 2010

Product Recall- Shrek Glasses from McDonald's



On our last trip to McDonald's, my kids begged me to get them each a Shrek glass. At the time, I didn't have enough cash with me. I told them we would have to get one another time.

I am really glad I didn't buy glasses now. I found this article this morning. Apprently, McDonlad's learned they are tainted with cadmium. Cardmium is a heavy metal. From the article, "that has recently gained attention as numerous Chinese manufacturers who have been forbidden from using lead in paints on products shipped to the U.S. have substituted cadmium."

Cadmium was found in the characters on the glasses: Shrek, Fiona, Puss n' Boots, and Donkey. The article says the amounts of cadmium found in the glasses is not toxic, but advises they be taken away from children. More information can be found on www.mcdonalds.com.

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/06/04/mcdonalds-recall-12-million-tainted-shrek-glasses/

1 comment:

  1. Darn it those glasses are too cute! I was going to buy some too, but thanks for the warning! Btw I found on Friendly Forward and I look forward to reading your feature posts!!!

    ReplyDelete