Thursday, June 17, 2010

Maple Banana Bread recipe




Lately, I have been in the mood to bake! Do you ever get like that? I just want to bake and bake, then the mood will fizzle out for a few months. The process repeats itself. I found this recipe for Maple Banana Bread. It is a nice variation of traditional banana bread.

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. maple syrup
1 egg
2 ripe bananas
3 tbsp. milk
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. nuts (I used pecans)
3tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla or maple extract ( I used vanilla because I did not have maple extract)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.

2. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and maple syrup. Beat in the egg and bananas, leaving a few small chunks. Stir in the maple extract and milk. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Mix the nuts and sugar, and sprinkle evenly over the batter.

3. Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.


I really love the taste of the maple with the banana. This has a nice sweetness to it. My husband and kids loved it, so that is all that matters to me. I am glad to have found this recipe.

THis recipe is linked to Crazy Daisy's Tuesday Taste

1 comment:

  1. I just announced that you won the People's Choice Award! Grab another button for your sidebar! Here's a link http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/06/peoples-choice-award-13.html

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

    ReplyDelete