Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Parade (picture post)

On Saturday, my family participated in the 129th Annual Atlanta St. Patrick's Day Parade.
I had no clue that this was such a large event!   There were about 200 different units participating in the event.













My  children had some favorites in the parade yesterday.   They loved the dog breeder groups and the Medieval Times knights.    
We were there with the 501st, which is the Star Wars costume group that we are both members of.   I didn't dress up this time, but my husband did.   He wore his Stormtrooper costume yesterday.



   The parade route was about a mile through downtown Atlanta, which ended at The Underground.  The weather was beautiful, so it was a great day for a parade.   These are some of the pictures that we took yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment