Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I won tickets to see Momma Mia! thanks to my children

I was so excited to find out that I won a pair of tickets to see the Broadway musical Momma Mia.    There was a local contest that I entered sharing a "mom moment".   My story was chosen as the funniest. 

The story that I shared was from a couple of years ago, but honestly I don't think that I will ever forget it. 

Our family was in the car coming home for having dinner out.   The radio was turned down, but you could still hear it in the background.  We were all talking to each other, and out of the blue my son (who was 5 at the time)  shouts," I didn't come from an egg, I am a mammal!"  I could tell by the tone in his voice he was deeply offended. 

My husband and I kind of looked at each other kind of puzzled and asked what was wrong.  My son told us to listen to the radio.  The station was playing some sort of commercial for a fertility clinic.   After we realized what he had heard, my husband and I were trying  so hard not to laugh, because he was still going on about being a mammal.  

My husband and I were having a hard time trying to explain the facts to him, because it caught us so off guard and we just couldn't help but laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment