Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Worst Christmas Songs Ever: Day 3 &4: Do They Know It's Christmas and Christmas Conga

I am a little behind on days 3 and 4.   For some reason, I scheduled these post but they didn't post.  I just now noticed it, sorry!   I have been busy trying to get a cookie exchange organized for this weekend.   Right now, I am not sure if its worth all of the aggravation.   But, I am sure it will turn out fine.  

So without further adieu,  Day 3's offender is Do They Know It's Christmas Time by Band Aid.   Band Aid is a collection of assorted artist Bono, Boy George, Sting, you get the idea.    The purpose was to raise money for Ethiopian relief in 1984. 



My favorite lyric is : Do they know it's Christmas time at all?    Well, you have a 50-50 shot of that.  Here is a newsflash, not everyone in the world celebrates Christmas.  And if you truly want to do something good for the world, don't use one day as an excuse to do something good, try to do it on a daily basis.  Of all the artist involved in this project, Bono is the only that I believe is truly committed.  If you have been to a U2 concert, there is always a speech about African poverty and poverty in general around the world.  


Day 4: Christmas Conga by Cyndi Lauper.   It's not terrible, has a good dance beat.  But there really are no other lyrics except Bonga, Bonga, Bonga, doing the Christmas Conga. 

1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to pick the worst. Couldn't agree with you more.

    ReplyDelete