Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thai Noodle Salad







I absolutely love Thai food !    I found this great recipe on the back of Annie Chun's Thai Peanut Sauce and made for the first time over the holidays.   Usually for Christmas Eve, we will do a light meal sandwiches, salad, finger foods etc.     so I thought it would be a great time to test it out on a crowd.

Ingredients:

8 oz rice stick noodles or maifun noodles
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 large carrot, shredded
1cup red bell pepper, cut into stripes
1 cup sliced cucumbers
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup Thai peanut sauce
2 tbsp chopped cilantro  (garnish)

Cook noodles as directed, rinse with cold water and drain.   Toss noodles with sesame oil to keep from sticking together.   Add remaining ingredients to noodles and toss well.   Garnish with cilantro.   Serve at room temperature or chilled.   

I did change the recipe a little bit.   Instead of bell peppers, I used scallions.  No one in my family is really a bell pepper fan.   I personally like the combination of the onion with the carrots and cucumbers.
It really seemed to be a big hit with everyone.    I am thinking that this will be a go to salad for this summer and even for tailgating.

3 comments:

  1. Hi LeAnn,
    Thanks for the Thai Noodle Salad recipe.
    I'll check it out ASAP!
    Meet your newest follower on Google.
    Hope you'll swing by my place too.
    Happy New Year!
    Debra
    http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Thanks for stopping by my new Welcome Wednesday blog hop! I am am now following you! Hope to see you again next Wednesday!

    P.S. I'm always up for trying new recipes, and this recipe has several things I like. Cucumbers, Red Bell Peppers, and Chicken. Wow!

    Happy New Year!
    Frugal Invitation
    http://www.frugalinvitation.com
    http://twitter.com/frugalinvite

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy! Might have to try that :)
    Following from TTT, if you have a moment please come by to say hello!

    www.mommyoftwolittlemonkeys.com

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete