Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Party

One of my friend's son just turned 1.  I just loved her idea for his birthday party.   Emily decided to host an at home pumpkin patch party.   She and her other children planted their own pumpkin patch back in the summer so that it would be ready in time.   I really admire her for thinking so far in advance.   I don't know if I would have the organization or the green thumb to pull something like this off.

For her son's cake, she made a pumpkin spice bundt cake and decorated it to look like a jack o'lantern.  For her guest, she made these adorable cake pops.   Emily made 3 different flavors of cake pops, red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla butter cake.  The cake pops are dipped in white chocolate with orange food coloring, the stems are pretzel rods, and the leaves are green M&Ms cut in half.  

I really love how she used the mini hay bales to sever all of the cake pops. 

She also made pumpkin and fall leaves Rice Krispie treats, which also turned out adorable.

After everyone had cake and treats, the children got to decorate their own mini pumpkins.  


I thought this was such a cute and creative way to celebrate a first birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment