Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cheese Olive Bites

This is one appetizer that I love to make.  They are quick and easy, and they are great for tailgating, cocktail parties, or just any time.  I love to make them around Halloween, because if you cut them in half, they make great alien eyeballs.  

Cheese Olive Bites 
 medium pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
4 ounces butter (1 stick)
1 (5-ounce) glass Kraft Olde English Cheddar cheese  ( the recipe I have calls for this type of cheese, but I have a hard time finding it.   So I just use about a cup of sharp cheddar cheese grated. )
1 1/4 cups flour
Dash salt
OPTIONAL :  for a little extra spice, you can add a little cayenne pepper to the dough mixture. 

Pat olives with paper towels to dry thoroughly. Cut butter and cheese into flour. Add salt. Form into small balls around olives; seal well. Chill 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator. Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes or until browned. Makes about 48 appetizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment