Friday, July 8, 2011

Thrift Finds- A relish dish, a tin, and a tea pot

So, last weeks thrift post was a little shall we say on the bizarre side.   It just seemed like everywhere I looked, the unusual, awesome, and hideous crawled or jumped out of every corner.    I don't think that I will ever have another week like that.

This week is well, sadly, on the tame side. 

I went to the local Salvation Army Store.  Which isn't one of my favorite places to shop.  It is getting harder and harder to find good thrift stores.   I will reserve my rant about their prices and what they think of the stuff they sell for another time.    It's not new people!  I am not paying retail prices!  

When I stop in there, my goal is to find unique items $3 or less.  

The first item was this cute little vintage tin.   I thought my little girl would like it because it has what I would describe a princess on the front.   It was only a $1.   It has made good storage for crayons, so it was totally worth it.

My second item was this little tea pot $2.   I don't know that it is really vintage, but I like the toucans popping out of the brush.  I guess when I use it, I can pretend I am having tea in some sort of tropical tiki hut.  






My last item, was this cute little relish dish.   I remember seeing these somewhere.  There were different little dishes for different condiments.  I like it and the price was certainly right.  It was $1.99.   Next, cook out this little guy will find his place on the food table.







This post is linked to Her Library Adventures, Magpie Monday, Penny Worth Project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment