Sunday, November 21, 2010

Princess Party!

This week I have spent a lot of time getting ready for my little girl's birthday party.   She loves all things Disney Princesses, so we had a Princess Makeover Party. 

I asked all the guest to come dressed as their favorite princess.  Then I set up different stations so they could get their hair, nails, lips done. To finish off the look, I had shimmering powder and perfume to give them a little sparkle.   The Target dollar bin was a great resource for party favors.   Currently, they have an assortment of Princess press-on nails, jewelry, socks, stickers, and hair accessories.  

I also attempted to make and decorate her birthday cake.  I was really nervous about this.   I have been wanting to take a cake decorating class, but haven't got to yet.   I just did it!   It turned out better then I expected.   The only problem was that my cake turned out a little shorter then the doll.   So I had to pop Barbie's legs off to get her in the cake lol.  

For the table, I used a white table cloth with a hot pink table runner and an over lay of purple tulle.     Around the cake stand, I used a white floral wreath ( I actually used them in my wedding and still finding uses for them)   and added a few pieces of pink and purple curling ribbon for a little color.  

I think all of the little princesses enjoyed themselves and the cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment