Thursday, May 5, 2011

Journaling??!!

I recently was selected by All You magazine to take part in a 12 week health makeover.   The first week of the program is to get started journaling.   We are supposed to focus on recognizing our bad habits.    

I know what my biggest bad habit is:
I over eat.
I am an emotional eater. 
I eat to cope with stress, which doesn't work, because I just get more stressed because I over eat.   

I honestly can not be in the same room with food.  If I see food sitting out, I will nibble.  And I will keep nibbling until it is gone.  Food makes me nervous.   I don't want anything to go to waste.  It has been drilled into my head for years, that there are starving children in the world.  I have been eating for these poor kids for 30 years.  I really haven't done them again, but I honestly can't get them out of my mind. 

I guess my biggest struggle is how to break free from the guilt of eating for starving children and how do I control my emotions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment