Monday, March 1, 2010

So this is my first blog entry for the Squeaky Grocery Cart.

I finally watched the movie Julie & Julia. It really inspired me. No, I don't really want to cook my through a french cookbook, it has been done. I just need something to do. I became a stay at home mom last year, mainly for my mental health. I had a job that was going nowhere. I had a love /hate relationship with it. At the end of the day, I would feel like I had nothing left to give my family. I lost several people very close to me and one of my children was hospitalized. All of these things happening in a relatively short time period. It shook me to my core.

Since that time, I just have felt kind of lost. I had these grand ideas that my house would be spotless, that I would make spectacular meals every night, and that my children and I would have a wonderful time together. Well, I feel like my house is in total chaos some days, I don't know if anyone would call Taco Tuesday spectacular, and some days I would just love to sell my kids on ebay (figuratively speaking).

So the where did the Squeaky Grocery Cart come from? I started just posting stuff on facebook. I was bored and read a blog about using coupons. Being on a budget, I needed it. Now I am hooked! This is my new outlet for surviving motherhood on a budget and my little spot in the world to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment