Friday, March 19, 2010

Clone Wars

I am really excited over the fact that there is a new Clone Wars episode on tonight. I originally was very skeptical. But I have to say that I am bigger fan of the cartoon then I am 3 live action movies.
First of all Jar Jar, I really don't need to say anymore there. What was meant for comic relief was awkward and annoying. It is a blessing that he only pops up in the cartoon like once a season, so far. In the cartoon he serves his purpose. The Jedi JarJar episode was funny, it brought humor to a tense situation.

Second, the movie versions of Anakin and Padme were stiff and painful to watch on screen together. You could have replaced the 2 actors with cardboard boxes and had more sexual tension and love. it would have been interesting! At least in the cartoon version, you get a sense of these characters relationship. You feel it, they are a little more flirty when they are together, but privately they are loving to each other. I buy their relationship, they love each other but they have to hide it. It is painful to hide, but they live with it and make it work. I loved the episode where Anakin wanted to prove to Padme how much he really loves her, by giving her his lightsaber. "My lightsaber is my life, you are my life" OMG to a Star Wars nerd, that is like a Shakespearean sonnet! You know the depth of meaning, there is no questioning how much he loves her. And compare that to "I love you", "I know"... Han Solo and cartoon Anakin are pimps. I don't mean that in a negative way at all, it is just these characters know how to play the man card and they do it well.

Let me talk about Anakin for a minute. This is probably one of my least favorite characters in the entire movie series! How is this possible? Movie version was wimpy and whiney! I am loving the cartoon version. Cartoon version is a little bit of a bad ass. You need this!! He is supposed to become Darth Vader, the badest mamma jamma in the galaxy, don't wimp out! Bring it!! That is why I really enjoyed the episode when Anakin interrogated Poggle the Lesser to help save Ashoka. You were like OOOOHH SNAP! He went there! It was nice to see that little touch of Vader coming out. Which brings me to Ashoka....

In the feature Clone Wars, Ashoka annoyed me. She called R2, Artooie. My reaction to this was, I threw up a little in my mouth. I wanted to rip her head tails off for that. However, I forgive her because thankfully I can't think of an episode where that has been repeated. Maybe it has, but hopefully I was out of the room at the time. I really love Ashoka just because she is spunky, fiesty, and she compliments the character of Anakin. My daughter adores her!

(((Which if anyone from LFL is listening (and I doubt they are) PLEASE MAKE MORE ASHOKA MERCHANDISE!! THERE ARE LITTLE GIRLS & STAR WARS MOTHERS THAT LOVE STAR WARS AS MUCH OR MORE THEN THEIR BROTHERS, HUSBANDS, OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS . HUMOR US FOR ONCE!! NOT THE FANBOY GEEKS WHO CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THE 9,000th BOBA FETT REPACKAGE CRAP THAT SITS ON SHELVES FOREVER!!!! MAKE A 12 INCH ASHOKA!!!! WE NEED & WANT HER!!! thank you )))

The only sad thing with Ashoka, is you know things don't bod well for her. I am kind of fearing that inevitable. Why couldn't she have been in the movies?? Although, I fear what her character would have been like. I don't think she would have been as enjoyable.

Obi Wan, well he never has been one of my favorites. But, I grew up with the originals, so he was just an old man, not that exciting. Then comes along Ewan!! I can't complain about Ewan. He came, he brought his performance, and actually saved Episode 3 with 5 seconds of man pretty on screen, only to have it crapped on by FrankenVader!! What am I talking about? I will tell you. You know in Ep. 3, when Obi Wan comes walking ( no, not walking) SWAGGERING down the ramp to confront Anakin, he swaggers down that ramp and that jedi robe melts off, HOT! That right there sums up the whole movie and Obi Wan! Thank you Ewan!! I enjoy the cartoon version as well. I loved the recent Mando episodes and the sexual tension with the duchess . Nice, Obi Wan needs a woman!! I would love to see Obi Wan have a touch of playboy jedi. Keep it interesting.

All I can say is thank you Clones Wars writers and actors. Your work is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment