Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thrift find of the Year!

It has been a while since I did any serious thrift shopping.  During the summer, I was out all the time looking for second hand goodies.   I have to say that I did find a few goodies (well at least to me, they were treats)..  I am not sure if anyone else would appreciate my quirky.  He hates when I go thrift shopping.  Sometimes, my own husband doesn't even appreciate the quirky goodness.  These are my top 3 finds for the year.  

The #1 find was the 1980's Barbie Dream Pool.   I had purchased my daughter a Barbie Dream House (79-80's model) off of Ebay last year.  I told her that mom would look for the pool.  Not that she really cared, it is mainly me buying back my childhood.   I found this beauty at the Goodwill Clearance Center where you buy treasure for .99 a pound.   It is practically complete. There are a few pieces missing but we can live with that for $5 compared to Ebay $40-60 price range. 


 The #2 find was the vintage Snow White Swatch Watch for .50     I spent a couple of dollars on a new watch battery and it works great!  The picture looks funny because it has a mirrored face. 






 
#3 goes to the shirt that is so awesome and hideous that it shall not be named.   Of course, this is the infamous Harry Potter hawaiian styled shirt that myself and another rabid pop culture seeker almost got in a fist fight over. (fist fight, slightly exaggerated, but she did stock me hoping I would put it back)  I have actually worn it a couple of times, mainly as a joke.  It has such great graphics, how could I pass it up. 




 The carpet portrait of Ronald McDonald gets an honorable mention for the craziest, ugliest, and just plain weird find of the year.  I didn't purchase it, because frankly I am not sure what I would do with it, if I had it.  But, I had to take a picture of it and share it with the rest of the world. 






this post is linked to Her Library Adventure: Flea Market finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment