Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Felt Zombie Craft

My oldest daughter and I went to the library yesterday.   She had a great time picking out just about every Halloween book she could find.   Needless to say, Halloween is her favorite time of the year.   We found this really cute book about making zombies out of felt.  My daughter said, "Mom, we need to make these!"  

The book is, Zombie Felties by Nicola Tedman & Sarah Skeate.
It has easy to follow instructions for 16 "gruesome" felt creatures.   The Micheal Jackson inspired "Thrilla" feltie is super cute.

When we got home we pulled out some felt, needles and thread.  While my youngest napped, my older daughter and I had a great time cutting out the shapes.  Our first project was the Zombie Bride.   She isn't exactly like the book version, but we love her.

The project instructions are easy to follow.   The little creatures could be made by older children.  Most involve simple stitching and some glued parts.

We have already started cutting out the pieces for the Pumpkin Zombie.   I hoping that we can make several of our favorites before the end of the month.  












This post is linked to Transformation Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment