Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW DAY!!!

This winter has been fun in the South.  We got a white Christmas and this morning we woke up to a more snow, about 6 inches worth.   It is still snowing as I type this, so who knows what we will end up with.  Plus, the weather forecast says that we will also get some ice on top of the snow.  

Of course, whenever snow comes into the forecast, it strikes fear into the heart of many.   There always seems to be a mass exodus to the grocery store.    We need bread and milk!!  is the survival mentality.    My husband just cracks up, he grew up in MN.  So of course, 6 inches is nothing.   Me, on the other hand, I need bread and milk!  

I convinced my husband that we should do some shopping Friday evening.  That way we can beat the bread and milk rush.  I always feel sorry for  those poor folks who waited till the last minute, faced with the choice of rye bread or hot dog buns beat so badly, they are hardly recognizable.      This is what the bread isle looked like at our local Walmart yesterday.


Today, I am trying to make the most of my snow day!   So far we have been out playing, made muffins and soup, and just spending lots of time with the kids.       If you are having a snow day, I hope you are enjoying yourself as well.

1 comment:

  1. We didn't get anything but rain and enough ice to shut down the bridges for several hours here in the low-country of SC. I wanted and hoped for snow but, no luck. Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete