Thursday, January 27, 2011

Autumn Romance- Book Review



I wanted to share this wonderful book with my readers.  Autumn Romance is written by Carol Denker.   This book is a collection of stories that features couples all over the age of 50 years old.   Carol spent two and half years traveling the United States interviewing couples who had found love later in life. 

When I was presented with the opportunity to review Autumn Romance, it reminded me of my wonderful Aunt Kay.     She found love later in life, the same as the couples interviewed and featured in Autumn Romance.   
My aunt was in her mid 50's when she got married for the first time.   She and her husband Wofford, had a beautiful but all to short marriage.   They were married for 6 years, the last two years were very difficult.  Wofford suffered a major stroke, my aunt took care of him until he passed away.   During their marriage, they enjoyed traveling, just being together, and embracing life.

I think that one of the most important messages that we younger readers can take away from these stories, is that love is ageless.   I am planning to share this book with my aunt, I think that she will really enjoy the stories and relate to the couples.  




I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review.   I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment