Friday, October 22, 2010

Sesame Street Live! Elmo's Healthy Heros

This past weekend my family and I went to see Sesame Street Live.    Which was kind of thrilling for me, I know that is kind of sad. But, as I kid I always wanted to see Sesame Street Live, but I never got to go.     I actually won the tickets, by entering a contest that was hosted by our local newspaper.     The show's title was Elmo's Healthy Heros.    So the contest was to submit a healthy kid friendly snack food.    

I entered a recipe for Cran-Apple Yogurt Pops.     This is a really simple recipe and your children can help make them. 

Ingredients:

2 cups Vanilla Yogurt   (use your favorite brand)
2 cup    Apple Sauce
1 cup    Whole Berry Cranberry sauce

Pour all of the ingredients into a blender and mix well.     Pour into paper cups or popcicle mold and allow to free for at least 2 hours.   


The show was a lot of fun!   Elmo and his monster friends were trying to help Super Grover learn about making healthy food choices, getting enough sleep, and good hygiene.   

There was only one thing that I didn't like so much.    As an adult, who grew up watching Sesame Street, don't change Cookie Monster!!    For 30 years, Cookie has eaten cookies.    I don't want him to eat broccoli!!   There is just something wrong with Cookie saying, YUMMMMM, ME LOVE BROCCOLI!   maybe they should make him broccoli cookies or something along that line, I think I could deal with.   

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Cute blog..thanks for sharing.
    I'm your newest follower from the hop. Stop by sometime & check us out. Be sure to join the HOP on Monday!
    Have a great weekend,
    Melly-

    http://www.beckhamadbloom.com

    ReplyDelete