Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Hulabaloo- Decorating with Spider Rings


Today, I started putting out some of my Halloween decorations.   This year my children seem extra excited.   This year will be a little bit more fun since our little girl is older and more into holidays.
 One of my favorite things about Halloween is spider rings.  I have loved them since I was a child.   There is something just fun about them.   The other great thing about them is that they are inexpensive and you can buy them in bulk.    I love to find new ways to use them around the house.


spiders everywhere!
Just hanging around










One place that I think they make look especially festive is the light fixture above our dinning room table.    You simply snip the ring open, then stack them on the light fixture.    It takes about 100 spiders to cover my hanging light fixture, for a cost of about $3. 
A few other ideas for spider rings:
  let the kids string them to make a garland.
they can be used for napkin holders
decorations for cakes or cupcakes
use gray thread or fishing line to have them hanging around a mirror

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! My family is extremely into Halloween and I already have a package of these spider rings I got on clearance last year! Awesome ideas! I'm going to use them on my dining room light fixture like you did...thanks for sharing!

    Jackie ~ http://itscrazycheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete