Saturday, February 5, 2011

Superbowl Party Eats!

If you are tailgating or hosting a SuperBowl party, food is just as important as a great game.   I am prepping as much as I can today, so that everything will go smoothly tomorrow.    We are going to be hosting a party of  somewhere between 20-25 people.   

 I have decided to kind of break down the menu pre-game, 1st half, half time, and 2nd half.    It seems like a ton of food to prepare, but I do have a lot of help in planning and preparing the menu.

For the pre-game, we are going to keep it simple with chips, dips, and crudites.   I am planning to make a spicy bacon guacamole and homemade pico de gallo.   I am also going to make one of my favorite dips, it combines all of wonderful tastes of hot wings into a warm dip, that is great served with tortilla chips.  

 




Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

5 or 6 chicken breasts, baked, cooled, and shredded
1/2 of a 12 oz. bottle of Buffalo Wings Sauce ( I like Louisiana Hot  wing sauce, but you can use any brand)
1/2 of a 16 oz. bottle of ranch dressing
 8 oz. cream cheese
 2 cups shredded cheddar


Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.

Mix chicken with Buffalo Wings Sauce. Spread in bottom of prepared pan.

Melt cream cheese and ranch together in a saucepan over med-low heat until smooth. Spread over chicken. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.




For the 1st half and half time:   I am thinking that we will do heavy finger foods. 

Nacho Bar-  Since we already have some guacamole and pico de gallo.  Nachos is a great way to feed a crowd.    I am going to prepare a pot of chili, shredded lettuce, tomato, onions, a blend of cheese, pickled jalapenos, sour cream, etc.   Whatever you like to put on nachos.

Sliders-  I love to make these because you really can feed a crowd easily.  Everyone can fix it to their personal preferences.   With the sliders, I am thinking about using Rachel Ray's recipe for onion rings with a spicy dipping sauce. 

And of course, we will have to have some hot wings.   Instead of frying the wings, I like to roast them.   I season my wings with an all purpose seasoning, but I do add a little extra pepper and garlic.  Then slow roast them in the oven until done.     Then I will toss them in a traditional hot wing sauce, a homemade peach BBQ sauce, and Terriyaki sauce.


For dessert, I am planning to keep it simple.   Hot brownie sundaes!  Warm brownies, ice cream, and toppings.  Quick, simple and yummy!   I am thinking that I might make Turtle Brownies. 

Turtle Brownies
 1 Box Betty Crocker Brownie mix
water, vegetable oil, and egg called for on brownie mix package.

36 caramels, unwrapped

3 tablespoons of whipping cream

1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chunks

2/3 cups chopped pecans

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 9 inch square pan with baking spray with flour. Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, and egg. Spread half of the batter in the pan. Bake for 18 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in a large microwave safe bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on high for 2-3 minutes. stirring occasionally, until smooth.

3. Pour caramel over partially baked brownies; spread to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup of chocolate chunks and 1/3 cup pecans. Drop the remaining brownie batter by small spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chunks and 1/3 cup pecans.

4. Bake 34-37 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour. Cover, refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered and serve at room temperature.


If you are having a SuperBowl Party, I hope that you have a great time.    I am not fan of either team this year, but I am looking forward to having a great time with my family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment