Sunday, October 30, 2016

Trying out Bobby Flay's Banana Bread Waffles with Banana Fosters sauce

Yesterday, while through my Facebook feed, I came across the video for this recipe. I shared to my Facebook page, thinking "I'll save it for later but in all reality never make this recipe" kind of moments.  We all have them right?

As luck would have it, last night a loaf of banana bread landed in my hands thanks to a good friend and the church Fall Festival cake walk.

Here is the link to the recipe.

Of course, I skipped the step of making my own banana bread.  The sauce is easy to make with its 5 ingredients.

I did not use dark rum, instead I used Pyrat Rum which is a little lighter in color then a dark rum.  This particular brand of rum is also infused with a hint of vanilla and orange.   I felt those flavors went nicely with this recipe.

Here's my finished dish.  This is decadent brunch dish that would be amazing for the upcoming holidays.  I served this with turkey sausage links.







No comments:

Post a Comment